Included within the infographic is information regarding some different types of technology disasters that can occur, some shocking stats about the results of business downtime, and most importantly, a step-by-step process for implementing a proper recovery strategy.
Causes of Business Downtime
- UPS-related Issues: UPS Battery Failure (55%), UPS Capacity Exceeded (46%)
- Human-related Issues: Human Error (48%), Cyber Attack (34%)
- Environment-related Issues: Water Incursion (32%), Weather Related (30%)
- Equipment-related Issues: IT Equipment Failure (33%), Heat/CRAC Failure (29%), CDU/Circuit Breaker Failure (26%)
Effects of Business Downtime
- Case Study: 93% of of companies that lose their data center for 10 days will go bankrupt within a year.
- Case Study: 43% of companies that experience a disaster never reopen. Only 6% of those that do will survive long-term.
Implement a Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP)
- Perform a Business Impact Analysis - Tier recovery data into order of importance.
- Perform a Risk Assessment - Identify potential points of failure.
- Manage Your Risks - Put solutions into place to manage your risks.