Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Pathetic UBL WIZ Card Services

Tuesday, October 09, 2012


I used WIZ card and suffered a lot due to their costly and yet non available services. Due to their incompetent staff available on branches and lies of customer care reps who kept on sending me to different branches without verify if Wiz Cards are available or not.

I am customer of SCB now and have been very much inspired by the services provided to me in comparison with other banks available in Pakistan who provides online banking and international transactions with the help of debit card which seemed impossible in Pakistan just 4 years back when UBL first introduced WIZ card and gained a huge customer base offering this facility.

As per my experience UBL WIZ card is very expensive and have restrictions in usage of services for example we have to get the session activated by paying Rs. 100 and then there are tax and FED charges which incur while doing international transactions. Whereas Debit card of Standard chartered Bank has no charges at all and there are no sessions required for international transactions. You can receive money just in three business days back to your SCB debit card and there is no need to wait for ten or more days in case someone is sending you debit card payments back to your UBL Debit card or Wiz Card.

Below is my correspondence to show you the level of services provided by UBL.

Note: Privacy parts have been removed by highlighting the area with grey.

Complaint Regarding UBL Services
Inbox
x
 


Mahfooz Ahmad ptetech@gmail.com
Apr 10




to Customer.Servi.

Called Helpline from number               on 10th april 2012 in the morning and confirmed what documents are needed for UBL wiz card and i was informed to visit the branch with my employee card plus original cnic but people at Allama Iqbal branch people humiliated and did not even bother to facilitate me at all and kept on asking me to also bring the appointment letter of job i do. no one at ubl bother to think or take action action against employees screwing the image of ubl. I went to  Ganga Ram Lahore hospital and the girl there gave me near to expire card with the commitment that when expiration reaches 06/12 it will be extended automatically whereas when i contacted helpline they said me the vice versa. yesterday i contacted helpline and asked for my e statement and he said i will receive the statement via email within 24 hours which i have not received yet please check and get back to me.

CNIC:                             
WIZ                             
Mahfooz Ahmad ptetech@gmail.com
Apr 11




to Customer.Servi.

dated 12th April 2012 time 12:10 AM as per my conversation with Mr.         about my below mention card that it will not expire on 06/2012 and I will be able to continue using the service since 06/2015 though expiration on my card is mentioned as 06/2012. I want you to listen to the call and acknowledge the same in written.

In last 2 days I have visited several branches after confirming from helpline about which branch I should visit for UBL Wiz Internet Card but I have failed to get one. I have visited following branches several times in Lahore.

            
                  
                    
                       
                           
                                  
                                                     
                                      

There are some other branches as well which I visited but I just don't exactly know the names of places.

You have sent me e statement I thank you for that but please also consider listening to my other important complaints as well. I need the card and service of UBL and my patience have now reached the limit since I am struggling enough to get one single UBL WIZ Internet Card from last 6 months (find out my complaints in your record for that) but unfortunately UBL has not been able to provide me the committed service. Advertisement of your UBL Wiz Internet Card is going on everywhere all the time but you don't have cards that amazing. If you fail to provide me your service now and if I don't get a suitable answer now I will decide to switch over to some other service (for example Standard Chartered Bank is also providing debit card of same facility to utilize it over the internet).

I request you to either extend or enhance my expiration date of existing card since I got and activated it on Jan 2012 its expiration should be extended to Jan 2015. If new stock was not available at UBL end, this is none of my mistake that I got the card from old stock and that too with the commitment of your UBL staff member who said it will be extended automatically.

I also wish to approach consumer court against UBL for not being able to provide the committed service for last 6 months and against the behavior of branch staff attitude towards its customer. Branches don't pick the phone or if they do they hung up the phone in anger before customer can even ask for what he called for. When we visit they simply deny to provide the services with no confirmation if required service will ever be available. I have seen your staff in branches sleeping and smoking openly in front of general public which is pathetic. I think UBL really need to look into this matter and take immediate action. UBLshould consider hiring the literate people at branches who can handle the customers gently and respectfully with the responsibility that they representing UBL regardless service is available or not. Who can also have the will to convince and satisfy the customers by all means.

Note: UBL Contact Center Service is lot better than the branch service. I hope to receive the response from you guys on immediate basis and want my words to be forwarded to higher officials who have guts to bring some change.

Customer.Services@ubl.com.pk
Apr 13




to me

Dear Mr. Mahfooz,
We sincerely regret the difficulties you have encountered. We, at UBL, fully understand that as a valued customer you expect quality service from us, and reassure you that we are continuously striving for service excellence.
With reference to below e-mail, please be informed that we tried to contact you [                 , 13 April 2012, 03:57pm] but contact could not be established.
For further details or any other query, feel free to contact us via any of the following channels:

  • Fax                                           : 92-21-99201632
  • Email (Scanned Copy)              : customer.services@ubl.com.pk
  • Phone                                      : (9221) 111 825 888 (UAN)
  • Postal Address             : Customer Services
              2nd Floor, UBL Warehouse Building,
              Plot # 1 & 2 “C” Group,
              Mai Kolachi Road, Karachi – Pakistan


Regards,
                                  
Contact Center – Customer Services Group
United Bank Limited - Head Office
Karachi.

Mahfooz Ahmad ptetech@gmail.com
Apr 13




to Customer.Servi.

I worked at night and therefore could not spoke to you. You should contact me anytime between 9 AM to 11 AM at                   . My nearest branch is                                           . Please get back to me as early as possible.

Customer.Services@ubl.com.pk
May 6


to me


Dear Mr. Mahfooz,


You are humbly requested to please accept our sincere apology for the delay in process and the inconvenience you have experienced. With reference to our previous e-mail correspondence, please be informed that the complaint has been registered with UBL.

Complaint Number [                      ] and Resolution Date [17-05-2012]. You may find resolution details by calling us at our Help line (9221) 111 825 888.

For further details or any other query, please feel free to contact us via any of the following channels: 


  • Fax                                          : 92-21-99201632
  • Email (Scanned Copy)             : customer.services@ubl.com.pk
  • Phone                                      : (9221) 111 825 888 (UAN)
  • Postal Address                         : Customer Services
                                                      2nd Floor, UBL Warehouse Building,
                                                      Plot # 1 & 2 “C” Group,
                                                      Mai Kolachi Road, Karachi – Pakistan

Regards,
                       
Contact Center – Customer Services Group
United Bank Limited - Head Office
Karachi.

6 comments:

  1. Ubl is ripping off its customers

    ReplyDelete
  2. scb is an alternate no doubt

    ReplyDelete
  3. i m not customer of ubl but i got a say ubl sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. UBL services have become worts I think they dont need any more business in Pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  5. UBL Karachi branches are great.....Lahore sucks !!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...